Hours of Operation
Colonial Heights Swim and Yacht Club (SYC) is physically located at 1225 Duke of Gloucester Street, off of Conduit Road, across from Colonial Heights High School, at the north end of Colonial Heights. SYC was established in 1966. Because the property extends to the Appomattox River, the original organizers envisioned a boat landing and marina shortly after the completion of the pool facilities; hence the name, Swim and Yacht Club. The yacht portion of SYC has never materialized, but the name has remained.
Our facility includes a 25-meter-long, 5-lane wide, plus-sign shaped (+) pool. Depth ranges from a 2-foot shallow area to a 10-foot deep end that has both high and low diving boards. SYC also has a separate 1-foot deep baby pool with adjacent pavilion picnic area and children’s playground, surrounded by chain-link fence.
For older children and adults, SYC offers a deck surrounded by chaise lounge and lawn chairs, heavy-duty swings, a sand volleyball court, horseshoe pit, half-court basketball, a Gaga Dodgeball pit, and a 60’x14’ foot pavilion with picnic tables and grills for general use or reserved for member hosted parties.
SYC provides a manager and American Red Cross certified lifeguards on duty at all times. By vote of the general membership, no alcohol is allowed.
SYC is located at 1225 Duke of Gloucester St. in Colonial Heights, Virginia.
Click here for a map to the pool.
The pool opens Memorial Day weekend and closes on Labor Day.
Clestelle Green- Pool manager
Click here to download the SYC pool rules. (Adobe PDF format.)
Have a party or get together at the pool! Members can rent out the pavilion for birthday parties, family reunions or other get togethers.
The pavilion must be reserved at the managers office in person. No reservations will be taken until the pool opens in May.
Download the Pavilion Agreement form to get more information and to take with you to the pool.
- Pavilion rental MUST be paid at Manager’s office at the time the reservation is made.
- $40 for parties held on Monday – Thursday
- $50 for parties held on Friday - Sunday
- An additional $5 will be withheld if the completed guest list is not turned in to the office 48 hours before the party. (note – names can be added to or deleted from the list the day of the party at check-in – having the list in advance allows the manager to ensure proper staffing the day of the party)
- All non-member guests must pay a guest fee, even if NOT swimming!
- If the pavilion is not cleaned, i.e. all trash in receptacles, floors swept and tables and floors hosed down, a $25 cleaning fee may be charged.
- Parties of 50+ guests will be required to pay an additional $11/hour lifeguard fee.
Please contact Clestelle Green in the manager's office at 526-3578 for more information.
After Hours Pool Rental
Have a party or get together at the pool! Members can rent out the pool for birthday parties, family reunions or other get togethers. Get more information here.